Has my class been cancelled?
Check your mykwantlen and/or email your instructor for possible class cancellation. Campus closure notification for students will be made through instructors.
For announcements regarding the status of campus opening/closing, due to serious inclement weather conditions or other situations, updates will be made using the following processes in the following order:
The website will be the most accurate and up-to-date information source. In times of need, a graphic labeled "Current Campus Status & Alerts" will be placed on the kwantlen.ca homepage at the top of the existing left side column labeled "Important Information". Click on this graphic for campus status and alert information.
Listen to Radio/TV News
There is often a delay with radio and TV media outlets announcing updates as they are inundated with many requests from police, K-12 schools, post-secondary schools, and other organizations, and they control if and when these updates are announced.
Visit the "Current Campus Status & Alerts" page here: http://www.kwantlen.ca/info
How do Instructors notify Kwantlen if they need to cancel their Class ?
To report your class absence or cancellation:
- Email email@example.com or call 604-599-2000 between 7:30 and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
- Follow up with your division or department
- Notify your students electronically
- Name of instructor
- Course / Section / Rooms / Time / Date of cancelled class
- Facilities will create a class cancellation notice and have security post a notice on your classroom door.