Do you know...
- who is more likely to become a bully?
- why people in elevators avoid eye contact?
- how the media influences our relationships and how we communicate?
- why do Academy Award winning actors/actresses live longer than non-winners?
- why women still only make 71 cents to the male dollar?
- why Aboriginal youth have the highest suicide rate?
- why same sex marriage was legalized in Canada?
- where the poorest neighbourhood in Canada is?
- why global hunger continues to exist even though the world produces enough food for everyone?
Welcome to the exciting world of Sociology!
Sociology is the discipline that will help you connect your everyday experiences to the wider social world and answer questions about how society works within Canada and the world.
By taking Sociology courses at Kwantlen, you will learn how you shape society and how society in turn shapes you. Sociology enhances your social and cultural literacy, and contributes to your personal and professional growth. And regardless of which career path you choose, a background in Sociology will provide you with the resources that help you on your way and connect you to your work.
The Sociology department offers:
- two-year Associate of Arts Degree Program
- four-year Bachelor of Arts, Minor in Sociology, Degree Program
- four-year Nachelor of Arts, Major in Sociology, Degree Program
Resource article : Daniel Little: Why Major in Sociology